Where do I start?
- A HUGE thank you to Skin Renewal Willowbridge – the amazing team with the biggest smiles always and a SPECIAL thank you to Wilna Kruger. Jy was n groot inspirasie en ons 2 het so lekker gekliek.
- Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this challenge – it really changed my life from being a middle 50’s FAT women with aches and pains everywhere to a HIP middle 50’s girl. My husband thinks he’s got a skelmpie.
- THE BLOG – I was very skeptical when I heard we must do a entry into this blog DAILY and I must admit I didn’t have much to say EVERY DAY, but omw, if it wasn’t for this blog, I don’t think I would have kept going. When I read that others are also feeling like I am today I thought OK lets just carry on!! Even confessing all the cheats and losses!!
- ALL MY CRAVINGS STOPPED and I can actually walk right past all the temptations and look the other way. We have always eaten healthy but my portion size was AT LEAST DOUBLE AND TRIPPLE!! If I look back to what I dish up for my husband at night and I think back that my portions was sometimes bigger with lots of butter and sauces, etc. I am ashamed of myself – to say the least.
- I WILL CARRY ON – For the first time in +- 25 years I have the desire to slim right down to my weight that I was in my 20’s!! A lot of my FAT friends say I am crazy, but no, I am going to do this for ME. When I started end January I did say :” THIS IS MY LAST ATTEMPT” and after a few weeks into the Challenge I said ” I am going to see it through to the very last gram” My husband could not believe his ears!! SKIN RENEWAL will have a solution to all the wrinkles!!!
- THANKS TO EVERYONE that commented on my posts and I hope you are all going to be the best YOU for ever.
See you all tomorrow morning
Wow we are almost there!!
Looking forward to THE DAY.
In a hurry now – take care and see you soon.
Had a frustrating day at work and my body is still in aches and pains.
But the good news is CAPE TOWN had lovely rain this afternoon and we are very GRATEFUL for every drop. I hope the temperature is back to normal tomorrow. We need the rain but NOT low temperatures yet!!!
Have a good evening everyone.
Saturday is in sight!!!
Wow this morning I realized it is a few days and the the challenge is all over. With that 12 weeks has gone ridiculously fast!! And so does our lives too!!
I am staying off the scale for now because I don’t want to get downhearted now!!
I might be coming down with the tummy bug my hubby had. My body aches and I am not feeling great. But I will take the meds I bought him and should sort myself out soon.
Take care everyone. See you soon.
How has the time flown!! Cannot believe that the last Monday on the CHALLENGE is gone.
We’ve had a HECTIC weekend. A beautiful wedding in the Nuy Valley and we came home yesterday afternoon and went straight to bed. Late nights are not part of the Uyse’s hobbies anymore. I wore my new dress and felt like a new person. I also got so many compliments and NOW I know that all the hard work, these 11 weeks, are all worth it. Being so much lighter we even had a few dances and that is wonderful to not sit on the side anymore.
Still very focused and cannot wait to see you all.
PS – I must admit I had a LITTLE champagne too!! But NO starch or pudding!!
WOW everybody’s weight loss is amazing and we can be so proud of ourselves. This was NOT easy but o my hat, am I glad I stuck to this life changing journey!! I have all my cravings well under control by now and the good news is – I am almost halfway to my end goal and SUPER EXCITED to go all the way.
The LAST week starts tomorrow. So stay strong and have a wonderful weekend.
Looking forward to see my fellow LOSERS next Saturday!!
Not much news on my side either.
Going to a wedding on Saturday in the beautiful Nuy valley – outside Worcester and not having ANY champagne is a terrible thought but after 11 weeks without a drop of alcohol I suppose its not so bad. If I could do my birthday without wine I can do a wedding as well!! Very motivated still and I am going to look stunning in a new long dress!!
Have fun guys and the finish line is almost in sight. Just 1 more corner – haha.
Had no time to blog yesterday – it was just a hectic day!!
One year older and the first birthday without a crumb of cake or a drop of wine!! And today I am super proud of myself that I actually could manage that.
I was spoiled so much yesterday and I feel very ready for the next 9/10 days to the FINAL.
Stay strong and keep your eye on the ball!!
So the time is now speeding to the end of this challenge and now is the time to stay focused and keep strong.
Busy Monday so I will chat soon.
Take care everyone.
LOVE these short weeks!! It is very bad for business but lovely otherwise.
All well on my side – pills, water and food. REPEAT!!
Take care everyone and have a wonderful weekend
Hi I am Elzebe Uys living in La Rochelle Bellville for the past 19 years. I have a loving husband and one son of 23. I have had my own business for the past 19 years and we manufacture kitchen drawer baskets. I am the owner of CLEVER BASKETS in Stikland Bellville.
I am an outgoing person that love to cook a good meal and to entertain our friends and family.
I am very happy to be on the SLENDER CHALLENGE IX and excited to see the results soon.
I am tired of being very overweight !!