Emotional Eating, Is It Time For Concern?
We all know that eating is not just about survival, it is about savouring flavours, colours, texture, and presentation, but it can also be about your emotional state of mind. Emotional eating is real and very much alive!
Emotional Eating Indicators
Food is used by many as a form of escape, especially when stressed, emotional , tired , depressed and the list could go on and on. The repercussions of emotional eating often result in many a health problem, notwithstanding the packing on of unwanted weight.
It, therefore, stands to reason that you may want to keep a tight reign on both your mouth and your emotions when stressed.
Here are 9 signs that you may be emotional eating:
1. You eat whenever stressed no matter what time of day.
2. You eat as a response to your emotions i.e. you eat when you are happy , you eat when you are sad and you even eat when you are bored or frustrated.
3. You seek comfort in food, feeling as though food will make it ‘aall better’.
4. Your eating get’s out of control and as a result you eat continually.
5. You become obsessed and fascinated with food.
6. You use emotionally charged language to describe food or eating.
7. You eat, even when you are full.
8. You are still thinking of food and what you can eat, when already full.
9. You have random cravings which surface out of the blue.
Emotional eating will require hard work to manage, but it is possible to correct the bodies leptin levels over time. By investing in a medical weight loss programme you will get both the support and guidance you require in order to overcome your emotions and gain control of your weight.
All medical weight loss programs should be run by a medical practitioner with medical support staff to assist you in the journey